Im standing in the middle of the desert Waiting for my ship to come in
“IÂ’m standing in the middle of the desert/Waiting for my ship to come in.”Â— Sheryl Crow, “Leaving Las Vegas”LAS VEGAS Â— It has often been said that they turned the country on its side and everything l
Related Poker News:
- ANALYSIS-No more bets in Middle East standoff
- Bingo fans don t mind waiting for their number to come up
- Texas Hold ‘em craze has filtered to suburban homes where money is won, lost
- Vegas Boom Going Upscale
- Black Dog Promotions Launches Desert Poker Club
- PlaytechÂ´s Desert Treasure 2 online slot launched
- Bingo Pays Out Huge Jackpots At Desert Diamond Casino
- Tribe opening 16-story, 340-room desert gambling resort
- Dodge City casino to have good head start on others
- Qatar may show the future of the casino
- UCR Palm Desert to offer course on problem gambling
- Dick Van Patten’s poker party wins another go in the desert
Interesting gambling information:
- The El Rancho Casino & Hotel in Las Vegas was known for a few firsts. It was the first casino/resort on the Strip opening in 1941 with 63 guestrooms. It was also the first to offer a buffet. The cost of the buffet was only $1.00! The El Rancho burned down in 1960 and fortunately no one was hurt.
- Catholics were found to be more likely to gamble than Protestants and other religious groups. Catholics were also found to be less likely to disapprove of gambling than other religious groups.
- In 1978, New Jersey became the second state to legalize casino gambling in an attempt to revitalize the rundown resort area of Atlantic City. The legalization was restricted only to Atlantic City.
- The casino at Spa, a Belgian resort town noted for its mineral baths, was built by the Prince Bishop of the province of Liege in 1763.