Summer jobs? These teens place their bets online
They are the kind of young men who make their parents proud. They are well groomed and college bound, polite in manner and middle class in upbringing.
Related Gambling News:
- Marketers Betting on 2008 Summer Olympics May Benefit From Targeting Teens’ Favorite Olympic Sports
- Summer reading for families
- Teen gambling called 'risky business'
- Library’s summer reading program is for families
- They promise jobs, but casinos are free to hire computer dealers
- CNN - Unemployed Place Their Bets On Casino Jobs
- W.Va. casinos want real, not virtual, table game dealers
- Summer activities for teens to begin
- Calvo, senators created another mess
- Gamblers Crowd Casinos to Place Last Bets
- Casinos add 600 jobs in May, ending nine-month decline
- I AM PLAYR users can place virtual bets on real events
Casino gambling facts:
- If you have even seen a Baccarat player bend the cards and make a fold in them, don't be surprised. This is common because once the decks in the card shoe are finished in Baccarat, they are usually thrown away. In Baccarat, do not bet on a tie hand.
- Casino gambling, including Indian gaming, is legal in 27 states and most of the casinos have been built in the last 5 years according to "America's Gambling Fever", U. S. News and World Report, 15 Jan 1996
- 1946: Two famous landmarks open: Bugsy Siegel's Flamingo, and the Golden Nugget. Nevada levies its first gaming tax.
1949: Benny Binion sets up a high-stakes poker game at his Horseshoe casino between Nick "The Greek" Dandalos and Johnny Moss. It turns into an epic five-month poker match, laying the foundations for the World Series of Poker.
- Casino chips were used in the 18th century as a substitute for money being wagered. Originally, they were pieces of bones, mother of pearl or ivory engraved with the name of the casino and their respective value.