Summer jobs? These teens place their bets online
They are the kind of young men who make their parents proud. They are well groomed and college bound, polite in manner and middle class in upbringing.
Related Gambling News:
- Marketers Betting on 2008 Summer Olympics May Benefit From Targeting Teens’ Favorite Olympic Sports
- Summer reading for families
- Library’s summer reading program is for families
- Teen gambling called 'risky business'
- They promise jobs, but casinos are free to hire computer dealers
- CNN - Unemployed Place Their Bets On Casino Jobs
- W.Va. casinos want real, not virtual, table game dealers
- Summer activities for teens to begin
- Gamblers Crowd Casinos to Place Last Bets
- Casinos add 600 jobs in May, ending nine-month decline
- I AM PLAYR users can place virtual bets on real events
- Teens all in Poker’s popularity grows
Casino gambling facts:
- The most popular form of charitable gambling is bingo. In California, bingo is the only charitable game that is legal.
- Video Poker machines were introduced in the 1970s, when an oil embargo had a negative impact on Vegas revenues. The machines were popular enough to spark a recovery in casino business.
- Although the Greeks had a profound understanding of mathematics they had no concept of probability, and assumed that the outcome of games of chance was due to the will of the gods.
- Baccara (Italian) or baccarat (French) both translate to "zero" in English. The importance of this name is found in the tens and face cards, both sharing the zero value.