Online casino for poker giant
In the build-up to its recent London listing, poker marketer Empire Online hinted that it may be in the market for an online casino, (see earlier InfoPowa reports) and that ambition became reality this week.
Related Gambling News:
- Online Gaming Giant PartyGaming Might Soon Meet Its Match
- Spanish lottery giant plans online operations
- Full Tilt Poker Signs Tom “durrrr” Dwan to Team Full Tilt
- Italian gambling giant battles in 2012
- Social gaming giant launches new network
- Full Tilt Poker Announces $25 Million Double Guarantees Week
- South Point Casino Granted Preliminary Approval for Online Poker License in Nevada
- Online casino profits hit by player ban
- Bodog.com Named Best Online Sportsbook by Casino Player Magazine
- Harrah’s gains entry to UK online gaming market
- Paddy Power awards giant ad contract
- Reputation of Online Poker Machines at Risk, Report Online Casino Australia
Interesting gambling information:
- By the 1370s, playing cards had reached Europe in a form that is recognizable today, with a pack consisting of 52 cards with suits of swords, polo-sticks, cups and coins.
- Casino gambling, including Indian gaming, is legal in 27 states and most of the casinos have been built in the last 5 years according to "America's Gambling Fever", U. S. News and World Report, 15 Jan 1996
- Playing cards are believed to have been invented in China and/or India sometime around 900 A.D. The Chinese are thought to have originated card games when they began shuffling paper money (another Chinese invention) into various combinations.
- As early as 1420, lotteries were used in Europe for public works. High-value commodities such as land and art were often sold through lotteries.