Ameristar Casinos 2Q Profit Rises
Hotel and casino operator Ameristar Casinos Inc. on Wednesday said its second-quarter profit rose 11 percent boosted by strong casino revenue growth, but forecast third-quarter guidance below analysts’ expectations.
Related Casino News:
- Ameristar Casinos first-quarter profit rises
- Ameristar Casinos reports lower profit, fires 244 workers
- Ameristar Casinos Posts Improved Profit
- Ameristar Casinos reports profit increase in quarter
- Ameristar Casinos surges on 1Q profit, dividend
- Ameristar Casinos 4Q profit falls on higher costs
- Ameristar Casinos 3Q profit up on lower expenses
- Ameristar rises with rebranded casino
- Ameristar Casinos Posts Steep Drop in 4th-Quarter Profit As Expenses Offset Revenue Growth
- Ameristar Casinos 2nd-quarter profit drops as casino and food and beverage revenue slip
- Century Casinos 1Q Profit Rises
- Analysts find bright side despite Ameristar Casinos’ profit drop
Gambling casinos history:
- Originally, the double-zero wheel started in Europe and the single-zero wheel started in America. But, Europeans liked the single-zero wheel better, and Americans liked the double-zero wheel better so they switched. Today, the American wheel and double-zero wheel are synonymous.
- The name of the game "Poker" likely descended from the French poque, which descended from the German pochen ("to knock"), but it is not clear whether the games named by those terms were the real origins of poker.
- Playing cards are believed to have been invented in China and/or India sometime around 900 A.D. The Chinese are thought to have originated card games when they began shuffling paper money (another Chinese invention) into various combinations.
- The major differences between regular poker and video poker is that you are playing against a machine rather than real people, and your goal is to achieve particular hands rather than beat opponents hands.