Lottery sales set a record
People’s spending at glitzy new Arizona casinos far outstrips the money they drop on lottery tickets. But Arizona’s 24-year-old lottery still trumps Indian gaming in raising money for the state.
Related Casino News:
- Record sales reported by UK lottery
- Pennsylvania Lottery Achieves Near-Record Annual Sales; Record Instant Game Sales
- Spanish lottery El Gordo expects record sales
- Oregon Lottery passes $1 billion in sales
- Pittsburgh Man Wins $50,000 Top Prize From Pennsylvania Lottery’s Steelers Instant Game
- A lot of scratch: Big games reinvigorate lottery sales
- Record sales for Austrian lotteries
- Report: Slots hurt Pa. lottery sales near casinos
- The Reef Residences at Atlantis Boast Record International Sales
- WinTrillions: Mega Millions Lottery Record Drives Surge in Syndicate Sales
- New report: Slots hurting Pa. lottery sales near casinos
- Mass. to consider online lottery sales
Gambling casinos history:
- Casino gambling, including Indian gaming, is legal in 27 states and most of the casinos have been built in the last 5 years according to "America's Gambling Fever", U. S. News and World Report, 15 Jan 1996
- The most popular form of charitable gambling is bingo. In California, bingo is the only charitable game that is legal.
- Casino is defined by the Webster's New World Dictionary as the following: a small country house, or a building or room used for meetings, or public amusements, gaming, or a game at cards.
- Men and women tend to have different preferences in their gambling. Men are more likely to gamble in games such as blackjack and lotteries and women are more likely to engage in bingo and raffles.