NFL Kick-Offs Thursday Night
9 pm ET on ABC the 2005 NFL season kicks off with the Raiders vs. the world champion Pats. Main game stories: 1) The role of WR Randy Moss; 2) Pats quest for an unprecedented 4 of 5 Super Bowls….
Related Sports Betting News:
- Morrow VFW Thursday night bingo to continue for now
- Mark Franco’s Thursday Night Play
- Monte Carlo Casino Night supports Hospice of Montgomery
- Nearly 80 Gambling Machines Seized
- Ravens vs. Falcons: Is This a Potential Super Bowl Preview?
- Aberdeen: No bingo on Thursday
- Highland Fun Night draws crowd
- Bingo is a prize tradition Popular fundraiser is more than just a game for many
- 65 more people arrested in Malaysian online gambling raids
- Poker supplies the drama to an otherwise ordinary bar on an ordinary night
- Greektown Casino-Hotel’s Shotz Sports Bar to Host Detroit Lions’ Weekly Thursday Night Radio Show
- All-Night Gambling Starts At Colorado Casinos
Interesting gambling information:
- The first World Series of Poker was held in downtown Las Vegas at the Horseshoe Casino back in 1970. Then owner of the Horseshoe Jack Binion, hosted the very first one and has agreed to host upcoming World Series of Poker Tournament Circuit. Jack Binion said that is purely honorary and plans on doing other types deals and events in the future.
- The Gold Rush brought a huge increase in the amount and types of gambling to California. San Francisco replaced New Orleans as the center for gambling in the United States.
- Blackjack originated in French casinos around the 1700's where it was called "vingt-et-un" (twenty-and-one) and has been in United States since the 1800's.
- The word Casino originally meant a public hall for music and dancing. By the second half of the 19th century, the term essentially meant a collection of gaming or gambling rooms. The classic example of a casino, is the casino at Monte-Carlo, which was opened in 1861.