InterPoker Announces 2005 Caribbean Poker Classic
Win a seat at the Caribbean Poker Classic 2005 with InterPoker worth $10,000.
Related Poker News:
- 23-Year Old Call Center Manager Wins Seat to the Caribbean Poker Classic
- Poker Listings, InterPoker.com Offer WSOP Seat
- Euro Poker News: UK Regulations see InterPoker Move to Malta
- InterPoker Offers WSOP Seats
- Interpoker.com Signs Jordan Morgan
- 2008 European Poker Tour - Caribbean Poker Adventure
- Interpoker enters bidding for Eastgate bracelet
- Poker Plex Offers an Additional Treat
- Poker Returns To Aruba with the Players Poker Championship
- Malta licenses Intercasino and Interpoker
- InterCasino, One of the Largest and World’s First Online Casinos, and InterPoker Extend Relationship With Global Gaming
- 2nd Phamily Poker Classic on 8.10
Interesting gambling information:
- In 1857, Prince Charles III of Monaco decided to introduce gambling to his Mediterranean principality to boost its finances.
- The name of the game "Poker" likely descended from the French poque, which descended from the German pochen ("to knock"), but it is not clear whether the games named by those terms were the real origins of poker.
- The name blackjack came from an early bet (since discontinued) that paid 10 to 1 if the player got a jack of spades and an ace of spades, both black cards, as the first two cards.
- Gambling is Often Legalized to Promote Economic Development of Depressed Areas. That was an important motivation in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, New Jersey, and many of the other locales for casinos.