New Movie Tells a Sports Betting Story
Two For the Money, a new release starring Al Pacino and Matthew McConaughey, takes the viewer inside the world of a scamming TV tout. Reviews have been mixed, though Roger Ebert raves with 3.5 out of 4 stars. I saw…
Related Sports Betting News:
- Movie star made good money off sports betting
- This movie’s like ‘Gigli’ at OTB
- Norman Chad
- How Many Sports Fans Gamble?
- Barstool sports: How the Mavs screwed me over
- Frank ‘Lefty’ Rosenthal dies at 79; sports betting expert inspired movie ‘Casino’
- Another internet gambling movie in the works?
- Gambling Mistakes and Misconceptions
- Man who inspired movie ‘Casino’ dies at 79
- HorrorShare Presents UK Horror Movie Innovation
- Gambling critics decry online sports betting idea
- Playing the Heartstrings: With Invictus, Clint Eastwood crafts a sports movie calculated to reach maximum emotional …
Interesting gambling facts:
- Charles Fey invented the first slot machine way back in 1895. He went on to perfect his initial innovation in 1907, when he teamed with Mills Novelty Company who manufactured the "Mills Liberty Bell".
- 1941: The Strip gets its first luxury hotel. El Rancho Vegas sets the trend for many of the themed resorts that sprout along the Strip in later years.
1942: The first wedding chapel, the Little Church of the West, opens on the Strip in the Last Frontier Hotel.
- The Great Wall of China was financed, in part, by a lottery. The Bible is replete with references to drawing lots. Lot casting was a favored means of communication between man and god.
- Las Vegas in Nevada owes its success to the mobster Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel who organized gaming and bookmaking operations for The Mob (the Mafia).