‘Splogs’ Roil Web, and Some Blame Google
Economists Brad Setser of RGE Monitor and Michael Dooley of UC Santa Cruz and Deutsche Bank debate the causes and consequences of the global economic imbalance between savings and investment.
Related Gambling News:
- IL Casinos Blame Ban
- Upping the ante: Gambling arguments gain new life in Jefferson City
- Blame Mel Judah
- BINGO: Some blame casino for losses
- Ehrlich could be tempting target for BGE blame
- Blame becomes delayed casino’s only game
- Casinos: Smoke ban is cutting business
- Tips for Toyota drivers
- Regulate gambling properly and reap the economic rewards
- Slots revenue at Harrah’s dips again
- Bingo Billy new backup
- Accountant to judge: Gambling led to fraud
Interesting gambling facts:
- Horse racing is the best known and widespread parimutuel betting event. Horse racing is the only form of partimutuel wagering legal in California.
- The first legal lottery in the twentieth century was the New Hampshire Sweepstakes which began on March 12, 1964. Currently 37 states and the District of Columbia operate lotteries.
- Gambling is defined by the Webster's New World Dictionary as the following: to play games of chance for money or some other stake, or to take a risk in order to gain some advantage.
- The MGM Grand, situated on the a Las Vegas strip has come up with a brand new slogan to promote the casino, "Think of all the New Year's resolutions you'll break." Some say it might even rival the famous Las Vegas catchphrase, "What happens here, stays here."