Card Player’s Player of the Year Update
Gavin Smith Jumps Into the Top Five It didnt take long for another shuffle in the top five.
Related Poker News:
- Card Player of the Year Awards: Phil Ivey, Daniel Negreanu Among Winners
- Barry Shulman’s Card Player Poker Player Awards Gala
- Card Player of the Year Awards Gala: More Great Photos
- Texas Hold’em Tip
- Card Player Representation Signs Brunson and Childs
- Aunt Sophie Complains About the Kvetchers
- Card Player Expands Poker Media in South America
- Card Player Awards Trip Winners
- Play The Irish Winter Festival for $1 with Card Player Europe
- Bellagio Five-Diamond World Poker Classic: The Homestretch for the Player of the Year Award
- Card Player Poker Tour Caribbean Cruise Sets Sail
- Online Poker Zone — Jeremy “EndlessJ” Menard
Casino gambling facts:
- Although baccara has its origins in medieval Italy, it soon spread to France, where it was called "chemin de fer" (meaning railway, due to the action of the card box or shoe passing around the table on "tracks").
- Playing cards are believed to have been invented in China and/or India sometime around 900 A.D. The Chinese are thought to have originated card games when they began shuffling paper money (another Chinese invention) into various combinations.
- Gambling is defined by the Webster's New World Dictionary as the following: to play games of chance for money or some other stake, or to take a risk in order to gain some advantage.
- One of the oldest casinos in Europe, at Baden Baden in Germany, was opened in 1748 by Edouard Benazet, who employed Parisian craftsmen to design the stylish rooms.