Betfair eyes major sports
BETFAIR is set to sponsor major sporting events if Tasmania grants it a licence. And a spokesman for the betting exchange said in Hobart yesterday every major sport in Australia had been in discussions with Betfair about product fees, in which Betfair pays a cut of wagering on a sport.
Related Sports Betting News:
- Betfair collaboration with NRL in new betting issue
- Betfair Backs Sports Getting Their Fair Share
- Betfair to list on London Stock Exchange
- Betfair appoints new CEO
- New sports operation hire for Betfair
- Betfair gets go-ahead
- Betfair - Online Betting Exchange
- Telegraph.co.uk signs Betfair as official partner
- Differing views at Betfair USA
- Betgenius inks sports betting deal with Betfair
- No House Edge is a Big Player Bonus at Betfair Casino
- Betfair enters German sports sponsorship market
Gambling casinos history:
- French mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Blaise Pascal explored the mathematics of gambling, leading to the formulation of Pascal's theory of probability in 1654.
- Gambling became legalized in Vegas in 1931 by Mayme V. Stocker and J.H. Morgan who was issued Clark County Gaming License No. 1.
- Charles Fey invented the first slot machine way back in 1895. He went on to perfect his initial innovation in 1907, when he teamed with Mills Novelty Company who manufactured the "Mills Liberty Bell".
- Men and women tend to have different preferences in their gambling. Men are more likely to gamble in games such as blackjack and lotteries and women are more likely to engage in bingo and raffles.