Fire Dept. Investigated, Illegal Gambling Alleged
(AP) Granite Falls, Minn. The Fire Department in Granite Falls, Minn. is under investigation for allegedly running an illegal gambling operation, according to court documents.
Related Gambling News:
- Seward Fire Dept Under Fire For Poker Tournaments
- Firehouse gambling allegations being investigated
- Packer legend investigated for gambling
- Dept. to hold pottery bingo
- Internet cafes investigated for illegal gambling
- Fire destroys home of player in illegal gambling ring
- Gun Show at West Potsdam Fire Department Bingo Hall February 21 and 22
- Fire Captain Accused In Illegal Gambling Operation
- Local Fire Dept. President Accused Of Fixing Bingo Game
- Ladbrokes jacks up communication dept
- Fire dept. plans meals, bingo
- Fire department charged with illegal gambling, liquor sales
Interesting gambling facts:
- In 1980, the American Psychological Association included pathological gambling in their Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Third Edition (DSM-III).
- Lotteries Have Been Prominent Throughout History. Ancient India, China, Greece, and Japan all had lotteries. The emperor Nero had lotteries for prizes at parties.
- Horse racing is the best known and widespread parimutuel betting event. Horse racing is the only form of partimutuel wagering legal in California.
- The famous banker J.P. Morgan once walked out of a Monte Carlo casino because the stakes were too low? At the time, the maximum wager was 12,000 francs and Morgan wanted it increased to 20,000 francs. When the casino manager refused to increase the limit, Morgan left the casino saying "12,000 francs! I have no time to lose such ridiculous amounts."