12 votes to 10 on giving license to Betfair
The Australian press were reporting that Betfair Australia, a joint betting exchange venture between Betfair and PBL is one step away from becoming Australia’s first licensed betting exchange as we went to press this week.
Related Gambling and Sports Betting News:
- Betfair NSW license application under attack
- Positive side to Betfair´s NSW venture
- Betfair gets its license
- Betfair license has been promised, but now the politicking gets into gear
- BetFair acquires license in Malta
- The Complete Betfair Trading Course
- Betfair gets go-ahead
- Harrah’s Selects Betfair.com as ‘Presenting Sponsor’ of World Series of Poker Europe
- Betfair finally gets state go-ahead
- Tasmanian Parliament votes a convincing “yes” on betting exchange law
- Betfair puts its Maltese license to use
- Betfair.com Presenting WSOP Europe
Gambling history facts:
- Although baccara has its origins in medieval Italy, it soon spread to France, where it was called "chemin de fer" (meaning railway, due to the action of the card box or shoe passing around the table on "tracks").
- The word Casino originally meant a public hall for music and dancing. By the second half of the 19th century, the term essentially meant a collection of gaming or gambling rooms. The classic example of a casino, is the casino at Monte-Carlo, which was opened in 1861.
- Baccara (Italian) or baccarat (French) both translate to "zero" in English. The importance of this name is found in the tens and face cards, both sharing the zero value.
- The brand new resort, Wynn Las Vegas recently opened on the Las Vegas Strip. At a cost of approximately $2.7 billion, the Wynn Las Vegas features 2,700 guestrooms and suites, casino (table games, over 1900 slots/video poker machines, poker room with race and sports book), several restaurants, a night club, golf, a shopping esplanade and a show called Le Reve.