12 votes to 10 on giving license to Betfair
The Australian press were reporting that Betfair Australia, a joint betting exchange venture between Betfair and PBL is one step away from becoming Australia’s first licensed betting exchange as we went to press this week.
Related Gambling and Sports Betting News:
- Betfair NSW license application under attack
- Positive side to Betfair´s NSW venture
- Betfair gets its license
- Betfair license has been promised, but now the politicking gets into gear
- BetFair acquires license in Malta
- The Complete Betfair Trading Course
- Betfair gets go-ahead
- Harrah’s Selects Betfair.com as ‘Presenting Sponsor’ of World Series of Poker Europe
- Betfair finally gets state go-ahead
- Tasmanian Parliament votes a convincing “yes” on betting exchange law
- Betfair puts its Maltese license to use
- Betfair.com Presenting WSOP Europe
Gambling casinos info:
- Playing cards are believed to have been invented in China and/or India sometime around 900 A.D. The Chinese are thought to have originated card games when they began shuffling paper money (another Chinese invention) into various combinations.
- Lotteries Have Been Prominent Throughout History. Ancient India, China, Greece, and Japan all had lotteries. The emperor Nero had lotteries for prizes at parties.
- At a land-based casino, if your slot machine is malfunctioning, you won't get paid if you win the jackpot! All slot machines have this written on them but many players are not aware of this policy. The casinos have a device which lets them know if a slot machine is malfunctioning or if it's been tinkered with. Your best bet is to stop playing at it and try another.
- In 1911, the state of California ruled that "draw" poker was a skill, and thus could not be banned under existing anti-gambling laws. However, "Stud" poker was still considered illegal at the time.