Arrests For Gambling Declining: Police
Bandar Seri Begawan - The number of gambling-related arrests has dropped over the last three years, police statistics revealed.
Related Gambling News:
- Five face gambling-related charges after police search store
- Gambling arrests up in Honolulu
- Police Make 33 Arrests In Gambling Raid
- More online gambling arrests in Operation Dadu
- Police make arrests for casino-style gambling in businesses
- Wilmington surveillance operation nets drug, gambling arrests
- Counterfeit probe nets 3 arrests
- Two arrested in August bingo hall raids
- Gambling investigation ends with four arrests
- Gambling arrests increase on O’ahu
- More Hong Kong cyber betting arrests
- Gambling parlor raid nets two arrests
Gambling history facts:
- Las Vegas is a testament of the powerful ability of gambling to foster economic development. Because of gambling, Las Vegas has shown impressive job growth, developed into a major city with a low tax burden that many state and local governments look at with envy.
- When playing blackjack, always split Aces and never split 4's, 5's or Tens. You would be surprised at how many players split Tens. Why risk getting a lower hand when you already have a twenty value? Also note that at most casinos, you are not allowed to re-split Aces.
- 2000: MGM Grand Inc. stages the gaming industry's largest corporate buyout with its $6 million purchase of Mirage Resorts Inc.
2005: Las Vegas celebrates one illustrious century on May 15.
- The age of electronic games began in 1964 with the Nevada Electronic's solid state "21" machines. The most successful of these was the Dale Electronics' Poker-Matic, which could be found in most Nevada casinos.