24 bid on slots licenses
HARRISBURG — Two dozen suitors have applied for the 14 licenses that will be awarded by Pennsylvania to operate slot-machine gambling parlors, state officials said Friday.
Related Slots News:
- Slots licenses by New Year’s?
- 24 Companies Seeking Slots Licenses in Pa.
- Slot machine sales issue may delay licenses
- Pa. Approves 1st Slots Licenses
- Pa. gambling regulators award 5 slot licenses
- 24 wants slots licenses
- 24 companies apply for slots licenses in Pa.
- NEW: AP: 24 companies apply for slots licenses in Pa.
- State gaming board won’t delay issuing of slots licenses
- Two dozen firms seek slots licenses
- Gambling rule relaxed for slots licenses
- 25 apply for 14 slots licenses
Interesting gambling facts:
- The Gold Rush brought a huge increase in the amount and types of gambling to California. San Francisco replaced New Orleans as the center for gambling in the United States.
- Playing cards are believed to have been invented in China and/or India sometime around 900 A.D. The Chinese are thought to have originated card games when they began shuffling paper money (another Chinese invention) into various combinations.
- Men and women tend to have different preferences in their gambling. Men are more likely to gamble in games such as blackjack and lotteries and women are more likely to engage in bingo and raffles.
- Legal gambling activities include state lotteries; parimutuel betting on horses, greyhounds, and jai-alai; sports book-making; card games; keno; bingo; slot machines; progressive slot machines; video poker machines; video keno machines; video blackjack machines; and video roulette machines.