Hold ‘em or fold ‘em and ante up Texas Hold Em-Legal?
The Texas Hold ‘Em poker craze has made its way to Wisconsin Dells, and not just via Internet gaming or one of the multitude of poker shows airing on TV.
Related Poker News:
- Casino gambling: Hold ‘em or fold ‘em?
- Cincinnati casino won’t be on ballot
- Will anyone ante up in Monroe?
- Hold ‘em or Fold ‘em? Should You Fight in Court to Keep Your Domain Name?
- Thrill of the game
- Prosecutor Might Say Hold ‘em On Columbus Poker Game
- Ante 4 Autism poker tournament raises more than $9,000
- Ugnis Victorious in Ante Up
- Casinos, T-shirts, chasing rumors and tattoos
- Einhorn ropes ‘em in
- Play Jersey Hold ‘Em
- Poker in Great Falls
Interesting gambling facts:
- The name of the game "Poker" likely descended from the French poque, which descended from the German pochen ("to knock"), but it is not clear whether the games named by those terms were the real origins of poker.
- Casino gambling, including Indian gaming, is legal in 27 states and most of the casinos have been built in the last 5 years according to "America's Gambling Fever", U. S. News and World Report, 15 Jan 1996
- Although the Greeks had a profound understanding of mathematics they had no concept of probability, and assumed that the outcome of games of chance was due to the will of the gods.
- Playing cards are believed to have been invented in China and/or India sometime around 900 A.D. The Chinese are thought to have originated card games when they began shuffling paper money (another Chinese invention) into various combinations.