World Poker Tour To Make A Second Stop At Foxwoods
Mashantucket — The World Poker tour has added a second stop at Foxwoods Resort Casino to its televised tournament schedule.
Related Poker News:
- World Poker Tour Festa al Lago Day 1: Arjang Leads the Way to Day 2
- 2012 World Poker Tour Ireland Day 1: Irishman Dave Callaghan Tops Leaderboard
- World Poker Tour Ships For PSP World Poker Tour for the PSP system,…
- World Poker Tour Hits Morocco
- PartyPoker Weekly: Prague Added to the World Poker Tour & Tony G in the Big Game
- World Poker Tour Legends of Poker Day 4: Hale Leads; Mueller, Madsen & Eslami Make Final
- 2011 World Poker Tour Borgata Poker Open Day 1a: Korotki Leads; Selbst, Failla Thrive
- Madsen, Selbst Among WPT Borgata Poker Open Leaders
- Emil Olsson Wins 2012 World Poker Tour Copenhagen for $229,938
- World Poker Tour: Good News, Bad News
- World Poker Tour Adds Lucky Hearts Poker Open to Season X Schedule
- World Poker Tour Season X Press Conference
Casino gambling facts:
- Legal gambling activities include state lotteries; parimutuel betting on horses, greyhounds, and jai-alai; sports book-making; card games; keno; bingo; slot machines; progressive slot machines; video poker machines; video keno machines; video blackjack machines; and video roulette machines.
- The term "turned the tables" is actually a chess term coming from the mid 1600's. When a player was losing, they would physically turn the chess table to assume the winning side of the table.
- Men and women tend to have different preferences in their gambling. Men are more likely to gamble in games such as blackjack and lotteries and women are more likely to engage in bingo and raffles.
- Many casinos in Nevada were financed by mobsters. Most notable perhaps was Las Vegas' Flamingo which was opened in 1947 by Bugsy Siegel.