Station Casinos Announces Record Fourth Quarter and Full-Year Results, Opening Date for Red Rock Resort and Declares
LAS VEGAS—-Jan. 31, 2006–Station Casinos, Inc. today announced the results of its operations for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2005.
Related Casino News:
- Station Casinos reports widening losses in fourth quarter
- Station Casinos cuts losses in fourth quarter
- Station Casinos Reports Record Results
- Station Casinos Announces Fourth Quarter Results
- Station Casinos Announces 2011 Full Year and Fourth Quarter Results
- Station Casinos Announces Record Second Quarter Results, Additional Expansion Plans and Increases Dividend
- Station Casinos Announces Record Second Quarter EBITDA and Increases Dividend
- Station Casinos Appoints Stephen L. Cavallaro President
- Station Casinos, Inc. Announces Its Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2005 Results Conference Call
- PartyGaming fourth-quarter revenue rises 65% to $320.3M
- Station Casinos Posts Higher 4Q Profit
- Station Casinos Loses $1.13B In 4Q
Interesting gambling facts:
- The first recorded betting games were played with marked disks or bones (the forerunners of dice), and spinning wheels or shields.
- Dog racing (a race among greyhounds who chase after a mechanical rabbit) operates in 17 states. Jai-alai (a game similar to handball) is legal in just three: Connecticut, Florida, and Rhode Island.
- 1941: The Strip gets its first luxury hotel. El Rancho Vegas sets the trend for many of the themed resorts that sprout along the Strip in later years.
1942: The first wedding chapel, the Little Church of the West, opens on the Strip in the Last Frontier Hotel.
- The first games that we would recognize as modern roulette were introduced in Paris casinos around the end of the 18th century. In the mid 19th century the single zero game was invented in France, this reduced the casino's edge thereby increasing the odds of the player.