Casino management to hire locals
Management with the Montreal Casino say people in the Pointe St. Charles neighbourhood stand to benefit from the casino moving to their neighbourhood. Casino officials annouced Thursday a plan to hire locals for jobs in the Casino.
Related Gambling News:
- New hotels turning to Internet for hiring
- Casinos looking to hire
- Tough economy awaits locals casino openings
- MGM will hire 1,000 for casino
- Casino hotel to hire 150
- Bodog UK head of casino hire
- Casinos Seek to Hire 500 Workers
- Greektown Casino hotel to hire 150
- Bahamian locals press for gambling rights
- Executive hire at Playtech
- With patrons as advisers, small casino thrives
- William Hill hire Echo Entertainment CTO
Gambling casinos history:
- The name blackjack came from an early bet (since discontinued) that paid 10 to 1 if the player got a jack of spades and an ace of spades, both black cards, as the first two cards.
- Playing cards are believed to have been invented in China and/or India sometime around 900 A.D. The Chinese are thought to have originated card games when they began shuffling paper money (another Chinese invention) into various combinations.
- If you have even seen a Baccarat player bend the cards and make a fold in them, don't be surprised. This is common because once the decks in the card shoe are finished in Baccarat, they are usually thrown away. In Baccarat, do not bet on a tie hand.
- 1905: The town of Las Vegas is founded when the San Pedro, Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad Company holds a land auction at the site on May 15.
1912: The Majestic - Las Vegas's very first theater - opens, featuring the best vaudeville acts and motion pictures of the time.