Colts Hoping to Win Gamble on James
Colts president Bill Polian is gambling with Edgerrin James.
Related Gambling News:
- Colts gambling James will re-sign as free agent
- Colts gambling with free-agent RB James
- Colts hope gambling pays off
- Colts Look to Clich Playoff Spot
- Colts Favored to Win Super Bowl
- Colts Continue to Draw Wagers
- Las Vegas oddsmakers set Colts as Super Bowl favorites
- Colts, Jags Head Light Schedule
- The $3 Million Football Bet
- Talk centers on unbeaten Saints, Colts
- Will the Colts go undefeated?
- Opening line report: Week 5
Do you know that:
- 1946: Two famous landmarks open: Bugsy Siegel's Flamingo, and the Golden Nugget. Nevada levies its first gaming tax.
1949: Benny Binion sets up a high-stakes poker game at his Horseshoe casino between Nick "The Greek" Dandalos and Johnny Moss. It turns into an epic five-month poker match, laying the foundations for the World Series of Poker.
- Although the Greeks had a profound understanding of mathematics they had no concept of probability, and assumed that the outcome of games of chance was due to the will of the gods.
- Dice games have existed in one form or another for over 2000 years and were originally played with dice fashioned from the knucklebones of sheep.
- 1941: The Strip gets its first luxury hotel. El Rancho Vegas sets the trend for many of the themed resorts that sprout along the Strip in later years.
1942: The first wedding chapel, the Little Church of the West, opens on the Strip in the Last Frontier Hotel.