Betfair partners up with Softbank
Internet gambling site Betfair has announced a new strategic partnership with Softbank Corporation. The agreement will see Softbank purchase between 18% and 23% of the online sports betting exchange from parent company The Sports Exchange.
Related Sports Betting News:
- Betfair shares dip as Softbank sells last stake
- Multimillion Betfair marketing deal
- Betfair partners with Trump Plaza
- Thanks… but no thanks, says Betfair
- Betfair advises shareholders to take no action
- Betfair consents to CVC bid extension
- Betfair acquisition deal is off
- Investment firm interested in acquiring Betfair
- Live dealer action at Betfair casino
- Betfair eyes major sports
- Betfair everywhere
- Betfair - Online Betting Exchange
Casino gambling facts:
- Pathological gambling is recognized as a medical disorder by the American Psychiatric Association and has elements of addiction similar to alcohol and drug addiction.
- French mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Blaise Pascal explored the mathematics of gambling, leading to the formulation of Pascal's theory of probability in 1654.
- 1967: Elvis Presley marries Priscilla Anne Beaulieu on May 1 in the chapel of the Aladdin Hotel.
1970: Binion's Horseshoe casino hosts the first World Series of Poker.
1971: Female card dealers begin working on the Strip for the first time.
- Gambling is Often Legalized to Promote Economic Development of Depressed Areas. That was an important motivation in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, New Jersey, and many of the other locales for casinos.