Kiwani’s Club reaching out to the disabled
The Kiwani’s Club of Barbados South (KCBS) enjoyed another night of fund-raising with their popular Bingo nights at the Sherbourne Conference Centre on Monday.
Related Bingo News:
- Kiwanis Club to host basket bingo in April
- Les Cockrell: Fledgling Krum Kiwanis plan bingo fundraiser
- Ferndale Kiwanis hosts third annual cow pie bingo
- Kiwanis host Turkey Bingo
- Key Club donations taken at Turkey Bingo
- Wednesday’s calendar of events
- Sparta Kiwanis Casino Night aims to help children
- Kiwanis Bingo
- Citizen offers window into rural life
- Ham Bingo coming up
- Woodland Kiwanis raise $13,000 for children in annual poker tournament
- Record crowd, record funds raised at Turkey Bingo
Casino gambling information:
- Lotteries were brought to America in the 1800s by the thousands of Chinese immigrants who worked in the mines and on the railroads.
- The Great Wall of China was financed, in part, by a lottery. The Bible is replete with references to drawing lots. Lot casting was a favored means of communication between man and god.
- In 1973, the Commission on the Review of National Policy toward Gambling was created to study gambling in the United States.
- The second oldest casino hotel resort on the Las Vegas Strip was the Last Frontier and it opened in October of 1942. It had 105 guestrooms and the property was made to look like an old western town. The first casino hotel resort opened just 18 months earlier and was called El Rancho.