Kiwani’s Club reaching out to the disabled
The Kiwani’s Club of Barbados South (KCBS) enjoyed another night of fund-raising with their popular Bingo nights at the Sherbourne Conference Centre on Monday.
Related Bingo News:
- Kiwanis Club to host basket bingo in April
- Les Cockrell: Fledgling Krum Kiwanis plan bingo fundraiser
- Ferndale Kiwanis hosts third annual cow pie bingo
- Kiwanis host Turkey Bingo
- Key Club donations taken at Turkey Bingo
- Wednesday’s calendar of events
- Sparta Kiwanis Casino Night aims to help children
- Kiwanis Bingo
- Citizen offers window into rural life
- Ham Bingo coming up
- Woodland Kiwanis raise $13,000 for children in annual poker tournament
- Record crowd, record funds raised at Turkey Bingo
Gambling casinos info:
- In 1978, New Jersey became the second state to legalize casino gambling in an attempt to revitalize the rundown resort area of Atlantic City. The legalization was restricted only to Atlantic City.
- 1994: On New Year's Day Frank Sinatra gives his last Las Vegas performance at the MGM Grand.
1998: Opening of the Bellagio. With 3,026 rooms it is the largest hotel in the world, and also the most expensive - it cost $1.7 billion to build.
- Massachusetts decriminalized bingo in 1931 in an attempt to help churches and charitable organizations raise money. Bingo was legal in 11 states by the 1950s, usually only for charity purposes.
- In 1857, Prince Charles III of Monaco decided to introduce gambling to his Mediterranean principality to boost its finances.