Pinnacle purchases President Riverboat Casino
Las Vegas-based Pinnacle Entertainment announced Friday that it had signed a pact with President Casinos to purchase the latter’s one remaining casino asset, its President Riverboat Casino-Missouri, Inc.
Related Gambling News:
- Casino company purchases land in Baton Rouge
- Pinnacle buys St. Louis riverboat casino
- Pinnacle buys land, signals third riverboat casino
- Harrah’s, Pinnacle Swap Riverboat Casinos
- Missouri regulators vote to close President Casino
- Pinnacle opens riverboat casino in St. Louis area
- President Casino upgrades require license
- Pinnacle completes purchase of President casino
- Pinnacle, state reach deal to close President Casino
- Pinnacle Entertainment Agrees to Settle President Casino Licensing Issue
- Pinnacle to Buy President Casinos’ Debt
- Pinnacle Entertainment Reports Revenue and Consolidated Adjusted EBITDA Growth for 2010 First Quarter
Interesting gambling facts:
- 1941: The Strip gets its first luxury hotel. El Rancho Vegas sets the trend for many of the themed resorts that sprout along the Strip in later years.
1942: The first wedding chapel, the Little Church of the West, opens on the Strip in the Last Frontier Hotel.
- If you have even seen a Baccarat player bend the cards and make a fold in them, don't be surprised. This is common because once the decks in the card shoe are finished in Baccarat, they are usually thrown away. In Baccarat, do not bet on a tie hand.
- One of the oldest casinos in Europe, at Baden Baden in Germany, was opened in 1748 by Edouard Benazet, who employed Parisian craftsmen to design the stylish rooms.
- Legal gambling activities include state lotteries; parimutuel betting on horses, greyhounds, and jai-alai; sports book-making; card games; keno; bingo; slot machines; progressive slot machines; video poker machines; video keno machines; video blackjack machines; and video roulette machines.