Bingo Hall going up on auction block
SPOKANE — For decades a non-descript bingo hall has been an important source of funding for one local charity, but now, the Big Brothers / Big Sisters Bingo Hall is going to auction.
Related Bingo News:
- Two try to block bingo hall
- direct Chinese auction/Bingo September 27
- Avengers Family Bingo/Penny Auction February 22
- Chinese auction and bingo nite
- Two fighting bingo hall
- Teen charged in W. Toledo bingo hall robbery
- On the Block
- Two vehicles broken into while owners in bingo hall
- Bingo hall arson follows to other fires
- Judge refuses to block bingo raid
- Auction to follow ‘casino’ fundraiser
- Poker Domains on Auction Block
Interesting gambling information:
- Playing cards are believed to have been invented in China and/or India sometime around 900 A.D. The Chinese are thought to have originated card games when they began shuffling paper money (another Chinese invention) into various combinations.
- French mathematician Blaise Pascale is often credited with inventing the roulette wheel as a result of his experiments with perpetual motion machines.
- In 1857, Prince Charles III of Monaco decided to introduce gambling to his Mediterranean principality to boost its finances.
- 1951: On September 4, Frank Sinatra makes his Vegas debut, performing in the Crystal Room at the Desert Inn.
1959: Wayne Newton performs in Vegas for the first time, despite the fact that he is still too young to enter a casino.