Lacey considers casino’s request to reduce gambling tax
A Lacey City Council committee will meet this afternoon to continue discussing a request by the Hawks Prairie Casino to lower the amount of city gambling tax it must pay.
Related Gambling News:
- Casino holds few cards in tax battle
- Lacey lowers gambling tax for Hawks Prairie Casino
- Covington club loses bid to reduce gambling forfeiture
- March 26: Indoor Yard Sale, Fortune Teller, Texas Hold ‘em Poker Tournament, and More
- Lacey Jones Kicked Our Asses
- Lacey Jones Leaves Online Poker Room
- City councillor wants to reduce poker machines
- Sumner simplifies casino proposals
- ARJEL repeals licences on request of operators
- Pennsylvania considers online gambling
- Regulators get request for guards in casinos
- Leading analyst considers online gamling in the US
Gambling casinos info:
- Lotteries, along with their close derivative bingo, are the most popular kinds of gambling. The popularity of lottery games is not limited to state-run lotteries. Indian tribes run lotteries and illegal lotteries still exist.
- Although baccara has its origins in medieval Italy, it soon spread to France, where it was called "chemin de fer" (meaning railway, due to the action of the card box or shoe passing around the table on "tracks").
- Massachusetts decriminalized bingo in 1931 in an attempt to help churches and charitable organizations raise money. Bingo was legal in 11 states by the 1950s, usually only for charity purposes.
- In 1980, the American Psychological Association included pathological gambling in their Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Third Edition (DSM-III).