Market Report: Gambling stocks buoyed by US breakthrough
A bleak day for the London markets was given a lift by news that the American Gaming Association, the trade body of the US gambling industry, is to reclassify its position on online gambling.
Related Gambling News:
- Do homework before gambling on stocks
- Macau gambling review may aid casinos, stocks recover
- Macao Gambling Review May Aid Casino Stocks
- Casino Stocks on the Upswing as Macau Continues to Show Strong Growth
- Gambling stocks mostly down, hurt by earnings miss at Las Vegas Sands
- Market.com Debuts as New Corporate Brand for Global Family of Market Leading eBusiness Solutions
- London lower as online gambling stocks slump
- Coral plans £800m float amid fears of gambling stocks glut
- Hong Kong Stocks Climb; Mainland Developers, Macau Casinos Gain
- 4 Stocks You May Want to Bet On
- Stocks end higher on agreement on stimulus bill
- Casino stocks take a hit with closures
Casino gambling information:
- The first legal lottery in the twentieth century was the New Hampshire Sweepstakes which began on March 12, 1964. Currently 37 states and the District of Columbia operate lotteries.
- Bingo as we know it today is a form of lottery and is a direct descendant of Lo Giuoco del Lotto d'Italia - the Italian National Lottery organized in 1530.
- Baccara (Italian) or baccarat (French) both translate to "zero" in English. The importance of this name is found in the tens and face cards, both sharing the zero value.
- The second oldest casino hotel resort on the Las Vegas Strip was the Last Frontier and it opened in October of 1942. It had 105 guestrooms and the property was made to look like an old western town. The first casino hotel resort opened just 18 months earlier and was called El Rancho.