Tourist Missing After Gambling Binge
AUSTRALIA As reported by the UK Daily Telegraph: “A British tourist is missing after apparently gambling away the money for her return flight to London at Star City casino.
Related Gambling News:
- Tourist disappears after casino binge
- Black Sox scandal newspapers missing
- India missing out on internet gambling tax revenues
- What YouÂíre Missing Not Playing Offshore
- Underground reimagined with focus on gambling
- Casinos demand tourist visa reform
- Family of missing backpacker vow to pay any casino debts
- Billiards champ missing; gambling rumored
- ‘Gambling’ key to probe into missing money
- Thai prime minister proposes legalizing casinos at five tourist spots
- 5-Star Hotels Get Tourist-Only Casinos
- Rare tabloid with 1919 White Sox stories missing
Interesting gambling facts:
- One of the oldest casinos in Europe, at Baden Baden in Germany, was opened in 1748 by Edouard Benazet, who employed Parisian craftsmen to design the stylish rooms.
- The most significant forms of illegal gambling in the United States are numbers, betting with bookmakers or bookies, and sports pools or sports cards.
- When playing blackjack, always split Aces and never split 4's, 5's or Tens. You would be surprised at how many players split Tens. Why risk getting a lower hand when you already have a twenty value? Also note that at most casinos, you are not allowed to re-split Aces.
- Video Poker machines were introduced in the 1970s, when an oil embargo had a negative impact on Vegas revenues. The machines were popular enough to spark a recovery in casino business.