Holy Name Parish Festival 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Comanche Park No. 2, 2600 Rigsby Ave., (210) 333-5020. Barbecue dinner, food and game booths, auction, bingo and entertainment. Free admission.
Related Bingo News:
- Daily calendar for Sunday, April 29
- 2006 PlayersOnly.com Calendar Girls Even Hotter Than Last Year
- Online Bingo Daily Christmas Shopping Spree
- City calendar, 7/10 - 7/16
- Traders Bolster Market Knowledge With Daily Videos From City Index
- Get Your Share of Intertops Casino’s $100,000 ‘Winter Winnings’ Casino Bonuses
- Weekly calendar
- Community calendar: Bingo, social clubs and more
- How Financial Traders are Evolving to Tackle Volatile Markets
- Poker a deal for restaurants, bars
- Do You Use a Trailing Stop Loss to Help Secure Your Trading Profits?
- Anti-gambling calendar features students posters
Gambling history facts:
- Gambling is Often Legalized to Promote Economic Development of Depressed Areas. That was an important motivation in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, New Jersey, and many of the other locales for casinos.
- The name blackjack came from an early bet (since discontinued) that paid 10 to 1 if the player got a jack of spades and an ace of spades, both black cards, as the first two cards.
- It was during the 1930's that slot machines began to become very popular across America, and in the late 40's Bugsy Siegel added machines to his Flamingo Hilton hotel in Las Vegas.
- Lotteries were brought to America in the 1800s by the thousands of Chinese immigrants who worked in the mines and on the railroads.