Holy Name Parish Festival 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Comanche Park No. 2, 2600 Rigsby Ave., (210) 333-5020. Barbecue dinner, food and game booths, auction, bingo and entertainment. Free admission.
Related Bingo News:
- Daily calendar for Sunday, April 29
- 2006 PlayersOnly.com Calendar Girls Even Hotter Than Last Year
- Online Bingo Daily Christmas Shopping Spree
- City calendar, 7/10 - 7/16
- Get Your Share of Intertops Casino’s $100,000 ‘Winter Winnings’ Casino Bonuses
- Traders Bolster Market Knowledge With Daily Videos From City Index
- Weekly calendar
- How Financial Traders are Evolving to Tackle Volatile Markets
- Community calendar: Bingo, social clubs and more
- Poker a deal for restaurants, bars
- Do You Use a Trailing Stop Loss to Help Secure Your Trading Profits?
- Anti-gambling calendar features students posters
Interesting gambling facts:
- The name of the game "Poker" likely descended from the French poque, which descended from the German pochen ("to knock"), but it is not clear whether the games named by those terms were the real origins of poker.
- The word Casino originally meant a public hall for music and dancing. By the second half of the 19th century, the term essentially meant a collection of gaming or gambling rooms. The classic example of a casino, is the casino at Monte-Carlo, which was opened in 1861.
- Lotteries Have Been Prominent Throughout History. Ancient India, China, Greece, and Japan all had lotteries. The emperor Nero had lotteries for prizes at parties.
- 1905: The town of Las Vegas is founded when the San Pedro, Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad Company holds a land auction at the site on May 15.
1912: The Majestic - Las Vegas's very first theater - opens, featuring the best vaudeville acts and motion pictures of the time.