Station Casinos first-quarter profit edges up
Neighborhood casino operator Station Casinos says its first-quarter profit rose a mere 1% as higher costs offset revenue gains. Net income came in at $41 million, or $0.62 a share.
Related Casino News:
- Updates, advisories and surprises
- Station Casinos 2nd quarter profit drops 34 percent, shares fall
- Station Casinos 2Q Profit Declines
- Station Casinos’ profit drops
- Station Casinos 2Q Profit Slips on Costs
- Station Casinos 1Q Profit Declines
- Station Casinos reports 1Q profit
- Station Casinos 2nd Quarter Profit Slips
- Station Casinos 1Q Profit Rises
- Station Casinos second-quarter profit slips
- Station Casinos 2Q Profit Up 40 Percent
- Station Casinos Posts Higher 4Q Profit
Gambling history facts:
- The most popular forms of illegal games are "numbers", which is essentially a lottery, and betting with bookies, typically sports betting.
- People earning $10,000 per year gamble more than twice as much money as people earning $30-40,000 per year. People earning $10,000 per year gamble four times as much money as those making $80,000 or more per year.
- Gaming is now the States' favorite pastime. More individuals gamble than the combined total of those attending movies, sports, music events, theme parks and live entertainment.
- During the 1950s, the Senate Committee to Investigate Organized Crime in Interstate Commerce held a number of hearings on criminal influence in the casino industry. The committee was chaired by Senator Estes Kefauver, and the committee is also known by his name.