Slots licenses by New Year’s?
Gaming regulators cleared the way Wednesday for the first casino licenses to be awarded this fall by resolving an impasse on slot-machine suppliers that had threatened to snarl Pennsylvania’s slots industry.
Related Slots News:
- 24 Companies Seeking Slots Licenses in Pa.
- Slot machine sales issue may delay licenses
- Pa. Approves 1st Slots Licenses
- Pa. gambling regulators award 5 slot licenses
- 24 wants slots licenses
- 24 bid on slots licenses
- 24 companies apply for slots licenses in Pa.
- NEW: AP: 24 companies apply for slots licenses in Pa.
- State gaming board won’t delay issuing of slots licenses
- Two dozen firms seek slots licenses
- Gambling rule relaxed for slots licenses
- 25 apply for 14 slots licenses
Gambling casinos history:
- Casino chips were used in the 18th century as a substitute for money being wagered. Originally, they were pieces of bones, mother of pearl or ivory engraved with the name of the casino and their respective value.
- Nevada is the oldest and largest legalized gaming center in the United States. Gaming was legalized in Nevada in 1931 in the middle of the Great Depression as a form of economic stimulant.
- Casino gambling, including Indian gaming, is legal in 27 states and most of the casinos have been built in the last 5 years according to "America's Gambling Fever", U. S. News and World Report, 15 Jan 1996
- 1993: Steve Wynn buys the Dune Hotel, then implodes it to make way for the Bellagio. The new MGM Grand is completed, once again becoming the world's largest hotel. On December 31, Barbra Streisand stars in the inaugural concert at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.