NJ casinos to close Wednesday, victims of state budget stalemate
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - They’ve endured hurricanes and blizzards, labor strikes and a parking garage collapse. If there’s one sure thing in a city of uncertain ones, it was always this: Casinos find a way to keep the dice rolling.
Related Casino News:
- New Jersey casinos close doors
- N.J. casinos close on 5th day of shutdown
- New Jersey casinos close for first time
- Government shutdown forces casinos to close
- Atlantic City casinos close their doors
- Hardly A Bluff: Atlantic City Casinos Set To Close
- Atlantic City casinos ordered to close Wednesday amid state government shutdown
- Scamming lawyer for 9/11 victims sues casinos for her gambling addiction
- Justice rules casinos must close Wednesday if shutdown still in effect
- No dice: Atlantic City casinos shut down
- Atlantic City casinos ordered to close
- Budget tilt may close casinos
Gambling casinos info:
- Bingo as we know it today is a form of lottery and is a direct descendant of Lo Giuoco del Lotto d'Italia - the Italian National Lottery organized in 1530.
- If you are planning a trip to Las Vegas, be sure to take advantage of the free sights and attractions. They include - Fremont Street Experience, the Fountains of Bellagio, the Sirens of TI, Volcano at the Mirage, tiger display at the entrance of the Mirage, tour of Ethel M's Chocolate Factory, Bellagio Botanical Gardens, Masquerade Show in the Sky at the Rio, Hand of Faith at the Golden Nugget, landmark replicas at the Paris and the Venetian properties and more.
- Playing cards are believed to have been invented in China and/or India sometime around 900 A.D. The Chinese are thought to have originated card games when they began shuffling paper money (another Chinese invention) into various combinations.
- The first games that we would recognize as modern roulette were introduced in Paris casinos around the end of the 18th century. In the mid 19th century the single zero game was invented in France, this reduced the casino's edge thereby increasing the odds of the player.