Library’s summer reading program is for families
Summer Reading Programs at the library are for the whole family. In addition to great games and prizes for kids and teens, the library has a Summer Reading Bingo that gets adults involved, too. Through July 29, anyone 18 years or older can register at one of the 10 branches to receive their very own Bingo card.
Related Bingo News:
- Reading Bingo for adults
- Summer reading for families
- PHOTO GALERY:Bingo offers sweet reward
- The Free Gold Sheet NFL Preview
- Littlefield: Even Sports Commentators Need A Vacation
- Merriam-Websters adds new dictionary entries
- Gambling treatment program helping few in early stages
- TN gambling treatment program helping few in early stages
- Hammond-Ridge Youth Notes
- Thanks for making Bingo so successful
- Children’s game planned at library
- Reading area hotel seeks OK for slots
Gambling history facts:
- A nationwide survey by the U.S. Travel Industry Association found that 38% of all U.S. residents have been to Las Vegas in their lifetime. The average length of visitors' stay in Las Vegas was almost 4 days (3.7).
- It was during the 1930's that slot machines began to become very popular across America, and in the late 40's Bugsy Siegel added machines to his Flamingo Hilton hotel in Las Vegas.
- Lotteries were brought to America in the 1800s by the thousands of Chinese immigrants who worked in the mines and on the railroads.
- Indian tribes have used their position as sovereign entities to develop a number of gaming establishments. Indian casinos operate in 22 states. This number is expected to grow.