Library’s summer reading program is for families
Summer Reading Programs at the library are for the whole family. In addition to great games and prizes for kids and teens, the library has a Summer Reading Bingo that gets adults involved, too. Through July 29, anyone 18 years or older can register at one of the 10 branches to receive their very own Bingo card.
Related Bingo News:
- Reading Bingo for adults
- Summer reading for families
- PHOTO GALERY:Bingo offers sweet reward
- The Free Gold Sheet NFL Preview
- Littlefield: Even Sports Commentators Need A Vacation
- Merriam-Websters adds new dictionary entries
- Gambling treatment program helping few in early stages
- TN gambling treatment program helping few in early stages
- Hammond-Ridge Youth Notes
- Thanks for making Bingo so successful
- Children’s game planned at library
- Reading area hotel seeks OK for slots
Interesting gambling facts:
- The most popular forms of illegal games are "numbers", which is essentially a lottery, and betting with bookies, typically sports betting.
- During the 1950s, the Senate Committee to Investigate Organized Crime in Interstate Commerce held a number of hearings on criminal influence in the casino industry. The committee was chaired by Senator Estes Kefauver, and the committee is also known by his name.
- When playing blackjack, always split Aces and never split 4's, 5's or Tens. You would be surprised at how many players split Tens. Why risk getting a lower hand when you already have a twenty value? Also note that at most casinos, you are not allowed to re-split Aces.
- The age of electronic games began in 1964 with the Nevada Electronic's solid state "21" machines. The most successful of these was the Dale Electronics' Poker-Matic, which could be found in most Nevada casinos.