Gambling Indictment Update
Shawnee County’s District Attorney said there were allegations that Topeka Police protected some bars where there was illegal gambling, that’s why the DA says the KBI and Attorney General’s Office investigated the case.
Related Gambling News:
- Kimberly gambling probe leads to indictment
- Israeli indictment names four for facilitating online gambling
- Money Laundering Indictment Unsealed Against Major Internet Gambling Site Operators, Alleges $250 Million in Online
- A fraud indictment leads BetOnSports to shut down U-S-aimed operations
- Ex-delegate faces new indictment in gambling case
- Federal indictment on Oklahoma gambling ring
- Indictment Comes as Feds Consider Legalizing, Taxing Online Gambling
- Gambling Allegations No Surprise
- Canadian Man Charged In U.S. Online Gambling Case
- Internet gambling site BetOnSports shutting U.S.-focused operations over fraud indictment
- Queens County illegal sports betting indictment
- Internet gambling site BetOnSports shutting down U.S.-focused operations over indictment
Interesting gambling information:
- The famous banker J.P. Morgan once walked out of a Monte Carlo casino because the stakes were too low? At the time, the maximum wager was 12,000 francs and Morgan wanted it increased to 20,000 francs. When the casino manager refused to increase the limit, Morgan left the casino saying "12,000 francs! I have no time to lose such ridiculous amounts."
- By the 18th and 19th centuries a dice game called Hazard had become popular in England and was played by the aristocracy in private gambling houses.
- Massachusetts decriminalized bingo in 1931 in an attempt to help churches and charitable organizations raise money. Bingo was legal in 11 states by the 1950s, usually only for charity purposes.
- 1905: The town of Las Vegas is founded when the San Pedro, Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad Company holds a land auction at the site on May 15.
1912: The Majestic - Las Vegas's very first theater - opens, featuring the best vaudeville acts and motion pictures of the time.