Nevada Regulators Approve Another Wireless Gambling Venture
Slot machine giant International Game Technology has won final approval from Nevada regulators to compete in an emerging market for hand-held, mobile gambling devices.
Related Gambling News:
- Nevada regulators endorse another wireless gambling venture
- Deal: Nevada regulators approve another wireless gambling venture
- Wireless gambling co. gets regulators’ OK
- Wireless Gambling Co. Gets Nevada Backing
- Nevada regulators move ahead on mobile gambling rules
- Nevada regulators look at mobile gambling rules
- Nevada Approves Wireless Gambling Venture
- Nevada regulators examine MGM-Ho alliance in Macau casino venture
- Wireless gambling to hit Nevada
- Wireless casino gambling moves closer in Nevada
- Wireless gambling? You bet
- US state schedules public review of MGM’s Macau casino venture
Interesting gambling facts:
- By the 18th and 19th centuries a dice game called Hazard had become popular in England and was played by the aristocracy in private gambling houses.
- Gambling is Often Legalized to Promote Economic Development of Depressed Areas. That was an important motivation in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, New Jersey, and many of the other locales for casinos.
- The first World Series of Poker was held in downtown Las Vegas at the Horseshoe Casino back in 1970. Then owner of the Horseshoe Jack Binion, hosted the very first one and has agreed to host upcoming World Series of Poker Tournament Circuit. Jack Binion said that is purely honorary and plans on doing other types deals and events in the future.
- Massachusetts decriminalized bingo in 1931 in an attempt to help churches and charitable organizations raise money. Bingo was legal in 11 states by the 1950s, usually only for charity purposes.