Nevada Regulators Approve Another Wireless Gambling Venture
Slot machine giant International Game Technology has won final approval from Nevada regulators to compete in an emerging market for hand-held, mobile gambling devices.
Related Gambling News:
- Nevada regulators endorse another wireless gambling venture
- Deal: Nevada regulators approve another wireless gambling venture
- Wireless gambling co. gets regulators’ OK
- Wireless Gambling Co. Gets Nevada Backing
- Nevada regulators move ahead on mobile gambling rules
- Nevada regulators look at mobile gambling rules
- Nevada Approves Wireless Gambling Venture
- Nevada regulators examine MGM-Ho alliance in Macau casino venture
- Wireless gambling to hit Nevada
- Wireless casino gambling moves closer in Nevada
- Wireless gambling? You bet
- US state schedules public review of MGM’s Macau casino venture
Interesting gambling facts:
- Blackjack originated in French casinos around the 1700's where it was called "vingt-et-un" (twenty-and-one) and has been in United States since the 1800's.
- Riverboat Gaming Has Captured 20% of the Casino Market Share. Mississippi now has more gambling square footage than Atlantic City.
- Gambling is Often Legalized to Promote Economic Development of Depressed Areas. That was an important motivation in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, New Jersey, and many of the other locales for casinos.
- 1941: The Strip gets its first luxury hotel. El Rancho Vegas sets the trend for many of the themed resorts that sprout along the Strip in later years.
1942: The first wedding chapel, the Little Church of the West, opens on the Strip in the Last Frontier Hotel.