Pinnacle buys land, signals third riverboat casino
Pinnacle Entertainment, the Las Vegas gaming company that owns a riverboat casino in Lake Charles and recently bought two more Louisiana riverboat licenses, could be moving toward placing a third boat in the Baton Rouge market.
Related Gambling News:
- Casino company purchases land in Baton Rouge
- Pinnacle purchases President Riverboat Casino
- Harrah’s, Pinnacle Swap Riverboat Casinos
- Pinnacle opens riverboat casino in St. Louis area
- Pinnacle Drops Atlantic City Casino Plan, to Sell Seaside Land
- Pinnacle scales back cost of La. casino project
- Pinnacle gets another delay in casino projects
- Pinnacle buys St. Louis riverboat casino
- New Orleans riverboat casino to get hotel
- Harrah’s plans to leave LC; Pinnacle seeks licenses
- Hotel planned for Boomtown casino
- Keisser: Mixed signals on Manny situation
Gambling casinos history:
- Originally, the double-zero wheel started in Europe and the single-zero wheel started in America. But, Europeans liked the single-zero wheel better, and Americans liked the double-zero wheel better so they switched. Today, the American wheel and double-zero wheel are synonymous.
- The first World Series of Poker was held in downtown Las Vegas at the Horseshoe Casino back in 1970. Then owner of the Horseshoe Jack Binion, hosted the very first one and has agreed to host upcoming World Series of Poker Tournament Circuit. Jack Binion said that is purely honorary and plans on doing other types deals and events in the future.
- The term "turned the tables" is actually a chess term coming from the mid 1600's. When a player was losing, they would physically turn the chess table to assume the winning side of the table.
- Gambling is Often Legalized to Promote Economic Development of Depressed Areas. That was an important motivation in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, New Jersey, and many of the other locales for casinos.