Prison officers bust football gambling syndicate in Hong Kong jail
HONG KONG - Prison officials in Hong Kong said on Saturday that they had broken up a major football gambling syndicate inside one of the citys maximum-security jails.
Related Gambling News:
- 3 charged in gambling bust in Hackensack
- Officers Investigate Robbery; Bust Gambling Ring
- Malaysian football bust update
- Major football betting ring bust Vietnam
- IMPD Make Week’s Second Gambling Bust
- 3 officers indicted in gambling bust
- Police bust alleged gambling operation for women
- Massive Underground Poker Bust
- Vietnam police in major online gambling bust
- Drug-gambling informant gets 30 months
- Malaysians bust online gambling syndicate
- Moose lodge site of gambling, liquor bust
Casino gambling information:
- In 1980, the American Psychological Association included pathological gambling in their Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Third Edition (DSM-III).
- When traveling to Las Vegas be sure to check out some of the incredible scenery outside of the city. Lake Mead is about 45 minutes away from the city and is a beautiful place to cool off. When things get really hot, give Mount Charleston a try. It\'s approximately 30 degrees cooler. Red Rock Canyon is only a 30 drive. There is also the stunning Valley of Fire which is 1 hour away from Las Vegas.
- By the 1370s, playing cards had reached Europe in a form that is recognizable today, with a pack consisting of 52 cards with suits of swords, polo-sticks, cups and coins.
- 1994: On New Year's Day Frank Sinatra gives his last Las Vegas performance at the MGM Grand.
1998: Opening of the Bellagio. With 3,026 rooms it is the largest hotel in the world, and also the most expensive - it cost $1.7 billion to build.