Weather Lottery moves towards online betting
Ros Snowdon Deputy City Editor THE WEATHER LOTTERY, the company that raises funds by giving people the chance to bet on the weather, has signed a deal that will allow punters to bet on the Internet. (03/10/2006 09:48:39)
Related Sports Betting News:
- The Weather Lottery cuts losses
- New name for The Weather Lottery plc
- The Weather Lottery losses mount
- Finance director appointed at The Weather Lottery
- The Weather Lottery acquires payment processor
- The Weather Lotter acquires lottery management firm
- FCBetz disappointing for The Weather Lottery
- The Weather Lottery fraudster sentenced
- Weather and NFL Betting
- Betting on movies is a crapshoot
- Good start for Spanish online betting
- Hungarian lottery launch sports betting site
Gambling casinos history:
- 1926: Las Vegas gets a regular air service. Western Air Express flies between Las Vegas and Salt Lake City. The airfield later becomes the site for the famous Sahara and Hilton hotels.
1931: Gambling is legalized in Nevada on March 19. Construction begins on the long awaited Hoover Dam.
- Dog racing (a race among greyhounds who chase after a mechanical rabbit) operates in 17 states. Jai-alai (a game similar to handball) is legal in just three: Connecticut, Florida, and Rhode Island.
- Dice games have existed in one form or another for over 2000 years and were originally played with dice fashioned from the knucklebones of sheep.
- By the 18th and 19th centuries a dice game called Hazard had become popular in England and was played by the aristocracy in private gambling houses.