Blame Ontario; Internet gambing ads under attack
The Canadian province of Ontario could soon adopt a law prohibiting advertisements for Internet gambling in the province.
Related Poker News:
- Ontario ready to make its internet gambling move
- Ontario may allow online gambling, McGuinty says
- Ontario online gambling venture confirmed
- Foxwoods Ordered to Remove Internet Gambing Portal
- Trade association urges Ontario to regulate internet gambling
- McGuinty Might Cash in on Online Gambling
- Ontario provincial officials call press conference on internet gambling
- Ontario eyes online gambling
- All bets are off, if Ontario has its way
- Ontario lottery prepares for online operations
- Ontario may follow other provinces and allow online gambling: McGuinty
- Is online gambling bad? Don’t bet on it
Do you know that:
- Lotteries Have Been Prominent Throughout History. Ancient India, China, Greece, and Japan all had lotteries. The emperor Nero had lotteries for prizes at parties.
- Gambling is Often Legalized to Promote Economic Development of Depressed Areas. That was an important motivation in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, New Jersey, and many of the other locales for casinos.
- Nevada is the oldest and largest legalized gaming center in the United States. Gaming was legalized in Nevada in 1931 in the middle of the Great Depression as a form of economic stimulant.
- Catholics were found to be more likely to gamble than Protestants and other religious groups. Catholics were also found to be less likely to disapprove of gambling than other religious groups.