Thousands Get Sneak Peek Of New Casino
Officials hope a new casino will bring millions to an economically depressed part of Indiana.
Related Gambling News:
- Sneak Peek: Rivers Casino Shows Off Slots, Restaurants, Bars, Views
- Residents get casino sneak preview
- Sneak peek inside new Choctaw Casino/Resort
- Pittsburgh Slots Casino Gears Up For Grand Opening
- Many Of Us Are Small-Stakes Cheaters, But Why?
- New Gambling Bill Seeks to Pardon U.S. From Decade-Long Trade Dispute
- Musical ‘Surf’ is bet worthy of high rollers
- On the Set of the PokerStars.net Big Game
- Poker-faced pros win big for charity at casino relaunch
- Sneak Peek of New $380 Million River City Casino
- Sneak Peek…the Venetian Poker Room, Las Vegas
- Video: Sneak Peek - New Season of Bravo’s Millionaire Matchmaker
Interesting gambling facts:
- 1926: Las Vegas gets a regular air service. Western Air Express flies between Las Vegas and Salt Lake City. The airfield later becomes the site for the famous Sahara and Hilton hotels.
1931: Gambling is legalized in Nevada on March 19. Construction begins on the long awaited Hoover Dam.
- Gambling is defined by the Webster's New World Dictionary as the following: to play games of chance for money or some other stake, or to take a risk in order to gain some advantage.
- 1973: The MGM Grand opens on the Strip, becoming the world's largest hotel.
1989: One of Vegas's most extravag-ant hotels opens. Steve Wynn's Mirage resort features a man-made volcano and over 3,000 rooms. Siegfried and Roy sign a $57 million, five-year contract to provide entertainment at the hotel.
- The famous banker J.P. Morgan once walked out of a Monte Carlo casino because the stakes were too low? At the time, the maximum wager was 12,000 francs and Morgan wanted it increased to 20,000 francs. When the casino manager refused to increase the limit, Morgan left the casino saying "12,000 francs! I have no time to lose such ridiculous amounts."