COFFEE BREAK CORNER: QUICK QUIZ
1. A CAMPAIGN against what is targeting bingo halls, pubs and betting shops? 2. WHICH charity phone line has marked its 20th anniversary with an appeal for £20 million?
Related Bingo News:
- MPs looking at quiz TV ‘rip-offs’
- Gambling Quiz Sorts Winners From Chumps: Joe Saumarez-Smith
- Gambling regulator probes quiz TV
- Sandra Shea | A quiz on Philly casinos
- Bingo Billy new backup
- Quiz Answers Reveal How Casino Games Really Work
- Bingo and quiz to aid wash-out carnival
- Bingo’s Coffee House
- PUNTER’S DREAM IS ALIVE
- Pa. gambling officials hold past against former Hancock sheriff
- Malaysian Managers in Online Gambling Bust
- Students are offered information quiz on gambling
Gambling history facts:
- The Great Wall of China was financed, in part, by a lottery. The Bible is replete with references to drawing lots. Lot casting was a favored means of communication between man and god.
- The first World Series of Poker was held in downtown Las Vegas at the Horseshoe Casino back in 1970. Then owner of the Horseshoe Jack Binion, hosted the very first one and has agreed to host upcoming World Series of Poker Tournament Circuit. Jack Binion said that is purely honorary and plans on doing other types deals and events in the future.
- Catholics were found to be more likely to gamble than Protestants and other religious groups. Catholics were also found to be less likely to disapprove of gambling than other religious groups.
- At land-based casinos, both the player and the boxman need to be on the lookout for crooked dice in the game of craps. Each number when added together with the number on the side opposite it, will add up to 7. For example, 6 is opposite to 1. When the dice are crooked, they do not add up to 7.