Basket bingo at fire company
GLEN ROCK The Glen Rock Hose and Ladder Company will hold a basket bingo beginning at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at the fire house. Tickets are $12 in advance, $15 at the door. Doors open at 12:30.
Related Bingo News:
- Kimberton Fire Co. to host basket bingo
- Yoe Fire plans basket bingo
- Basket bingo at fire hall
- Basket Bingo is Saturday at Savage Fire Hall
- Basket bingo is planned
- Basket bingo to be Sept. 28
- Basket bingo to be Friday
- PTO to hold basket bingo
- Longaberger Basket Bingo in Vernon
- Bingo to benefit fire company
- Ladies Auxiliary Chinese auction and basket Bingo
- Kiwanis Club to host basket bingo in April
Interesting gambling information:
- The name of the game "Poker" likely descended from the French poque, which descended from the German pochen ("to knock"), but it is not clear whether the games named by those terms were the real origins of poker.
- The most popular forms of illegal games are "numbers", which is essentially a lottery, and betting with bookies, typically sports betting.
- In 1911 US legislation prohibited stud poker but ruled that draw poker was a game of skill and therefore was not illegal.
- Dog racing (a race among greyhounds who chase after a mechanical rabbit) operates in 17 states. Jai-alai (a game similar to handball) is legal in just three: Connecticut, Florida, and Rhode Island.