Basket bingo will support H.O.P.E.’s work
Oct 31, 2006 H.O.P.E.’s basket bingo Sunday offers players two ways to help the New Freedom-based cancer support group. First, proceeds from tickets sales will be used to fund the nonprofit group’s many services.
Related Bingo News:
- St. Michael’s Basket Bingo
- Raritan Lions Club Longaberger Basket Bingo
- Vendors can sign up for fundraising Basket Bingo and Vendor Fair
- Bill delay stirs hope for work on budget
- PTA to hold basket bingo
- Date changed for basket bingo event
- Howard Co. RFL holds Basket Bingo
- Basket bingo in Greenwood
- CCMH teams raise money at basket bingo
- Basket Bingo includes Health Fair
- Fall Foliage Festival sponsors Basket Bingo
- Basket Bingo Set March 18
Gambling casinos history:
- Bingo as we know it today is a form of lottery and is a direct descendant of Lo Giuoco del Lotto d'Italia - the Italian National Lottery organized in 1530.
- The Gold Rush brought a huge increase in the amount and types of gambling to California. San Francisco replaced New Orleans as the center for gambling in the United States.
- The famous banker J.P. Morgan once walked out of a Monte Carlo casino because the stakes were too low? At the time, the maximum wager was 12,000 francs and Morgan wanted it increased to 20,000 francs. When the casino manager refused to increase the limit, Morgan left the casino saying "12,000 francs! I have no time to lose such ridiculous amounts."
- The age of electronic games began in 1964 with the Nevada Electronic's solid state "21" machines. The most successful of these was the Dale Electronics' Poker-Matic, which could be found in most Nevada casinos.