French Lick casino prepares to open
A long-awaited moment will arrive today in French Lick when investors snip the ribbon on Indiana’s 11th casino and unveil a refurbished century-old hotel. The opening of the $382 million French Lick Springs Resort & Casino is viewed as a huge step in a decade-long push to revive gambling and reverse Orange County’s woeful economic fortunes.
Related Gambling News:
- French Lick casino meets expectations
- French Lick casino puts on final touches
- Jobseekers Unfazed by French Lick Casino Feud
- French Lick Casino Set To Open In November
- Bally Technologies Announces Deal With French Lick Resort & Casino to Provide More Than 25% of Slots and Complete
- French Lick casino set to open next week
- French Lick casino to have larger smoke-free area
- First numbers in for French Lick casino
- Gaming panel OKs French Lick casino takeover
- French Lick casino opens
- Capitol Notebook | French Lick casino gets tax break, but others must wait
- Judge Seals Suit Over French Lick Casino
Do you know that:
- If you are planning a trip to Las Vegas, be sure to take advantage of the free sights and attractions. They include - Fremont Street Experience, the Fountains of Bellagio, the Sirens of TI, Volcano at the Mirage, tiger display at the entrance of the Mirage, tour of Ethel M's Chocolate Factory, Bellagio Botanical Gardens, Masquerade Show in the Sky at the Rio, Hand of Faith at the Golden Nugget, landmark replicas at the Paris and the Venetian properties and more.
- French mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Blaise Pascal explored the mathematics of gambling, leading to the formulation of Pascal's theory of probability in 1654.
- Keno, the casino version of lotto, originated in China nearly 2000 years ago when Cheung Heung devised a lottery as a way of raising funds for his province's army.
- Men and women tend to have different preferences in their gambling. Men are more likely to gamble in games such as blackjack and lotteries and women are more likely to engage in bingo and raffles.