Melfort Bingo Hall donated to Salvation Army The former Bingo Hall along Saskatchewan Avenue has been donated to the
The former Bingo Hall along Saskatchewan Avenue has been donated to the local Salvation Army. “We’re excited because we were able to successfully negotiate the donation of this property,” said Curtis Cartmell, a pastor with the Salvation Army.
Related Bingo News:
- Salvation Army opens new doors The local Salvation Army has completed phase one of the renovation to the old bingo hall
- Former video gambling operation donates to Salvation Army
- Problem gambling presentation at Melfort library
- On the Block
- Viejas Casino Team Members and Guests Donate Over 3,000 Toys for Local Salvation Army
- $15,000 Donated From Charitable Bingo
- Wink Bingo Match Charitable Donation
- Record crowd, record funds raised at Turkey Bingo
- Salvation Army says no to gambling money
- Salvation Army no to gambling cash a winner
- Salvation Army objects to casino
- Viejas Casino and Outlets Launch Toy Drive to Support Local Salvation Army
Casino gambling facts:
- Poker is derived from the Persian game of "as nar" and was probably based on the dice game "tali", which was played by the Romans.
- In 1911 US legislation prohibited stud poker but ruled that draw poker was a game of skill and therefore was not illegal.
- 1946: Two famous landmarks open: Bugsy Siegel's Flamingo, and the Golden Nugget. Nevada levies its first gaming tax.
1949: Benny Binion sets up a high-stakes poker game at his Horseshoe casino between Nick "The Greek" Dandalos and Johnny Moss. It turns into an epic five-month poker match, laying the foundations for the World Series of Poker.
- Horse racing is the best known and widespread parimutuel betting event. Horse racing is the only form of partimutuel wagering legal in California.