Melfort Bingo Hall donated to Salvation Army The former Bingo Hall along Saskatchewan Avenue has been donated to the
The former Bingo Hall along Saskatchewan Avenue has been donated to the local Salvation Army. “We’re excited because we were able to successfully negotiate the donation of this property,” said Curtis Cartmell, a pastor with the Salvation Army.
Related Bingo News:
- Salvation Army opens new doors The local Salvation Army has completed phase one of the renovation to the old bingo hall
- Former video gambling operation donates to Salvation Army
- Problem gambling presentation at Melfort library
- On the Block
- Viejas Casino Team Members and Guests Donate Over 3,000 Toys for Local Salvation Army
- $15,000 Donated From Charitable Bingo
- Wink Bingo Match Charitable Donation
- Record crowd, record funds raised at Turkey Bingo
- Salvation Army says no to gambling money
- Salvation Army no to gambling cash a winner
- Salvation Army objects to casino
- INXS finally gets real
Gambling casinos info:
- 1973: The MGM Grand opens on the Strip, becoming the world's largest hotel.
1989: One of Vegas's most extravag-ant hotels opens. Steve Wynn's Mirage resort features a man-made volcano and over 3,000 rooms. Siegfried and Roy sign a $57 million, five-year contract to provide entertainment at the hotel.
- 1946: Two famous landmarks open: Bugsy Siegel's Flamingo, and the Golden Nugget. Nevada levies its first gaming tax.
1949: Benny Binion sets up a high-stakes poker game at his Horseshoe casino between Nick "The Greek" Dandalos and Johnny Moss. It turns into an epic five-month poker match, laying the foundations for the World Series of Poker.
- Men and women tend to have different preferences in their gambling. Men are more likely to gamble in games such as blackjack and lotteries and women are more likely to engage in bingo and raffles.
- A nationwide survey by the U.S. Travel Industry Association found that 38% of all U.S. residents have been to Las Vegas in their lifetime. The average length of visitors' stay in Las Vegas was almost 4 days (3.7).