Gambling at home wins new converts
IT HAS been a big week for internet gambling. Last Tuesday Tessa Jowell, Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, said the United States was making as big a mistake in its recent action against online …
Related Poker News:
- Heading Toward a Game 7 Showdown?
- DEQ announces Board Member resignations
- DEQ announces the resignation of Chief Executive Officer, Earle G. Hall
- CFB Trend Report - Week 9
- Home on leave, Iowa Resident Wins $100,000
- DEQ converts 6 MGM Stud Poker games to the G3 at MGM Macau
- Gamesys: Woman Wins Over Â£2k During First Week of Playing Bingo At Jackpotjoy!
- Gamesys: Woman Wins Just Under Â£17k at Jackpotjoy Bingo!
- No dice, casino boat critics say
- New Media Lottery Services Partners With eircom.net, Ireland’s Leading Telecom Website Portal
- New Media Lottery Converts $6.1 Million of Debt Into Equity
- The Scots Come Out on Top at Paddypowerpoker.com Grand Slam
Casino gambling facts:
- 1993: Steve Wynn buys the Dune Hotel, then implodes it to make way for the Bellagio. The new MGM Grand is completed, once again becoming the world's largest hotel. On December 31, Barbra Streisand stars in the inaugural concert at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
- As early as 1420, lotteries were used in Europe for public works. High-value commodities such as land and art were often sold through lotteries.
- Charles Fey invented the first slot machine way back in 1895. He went on to perfect his initial innovation in 1907, when he teamed with Mills Novelty Company who manufactured the "Mills Liberty Bell".
- Las Vegas in Nevada owes its success to the mobster Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel who organized gaming and bookmaking operations for The Mob (the Mafia).