VFW bingo temporarily closes due to audit findings
Report shows mistakes in bookkeeping led to auxiliarys losing money on fund-raiser Troubled bookkeeping has temporarily shut down the weekly Lebanon Veterans of Foreign Wars auxiliarys bingo fund-raiser, according to the president of the VFW auxiliary.Save
Related Bingo News:
- Cal Neva temporarily closes casino
- High water temporarily closes Isle of Capri casinos
- Local bingo hall closes
- Boys and Girls Club closes bingo
- 2nd casino, this one in White Hall, closes its doors
- Casino Omaha closes ahead of floodwaters
- Bingo for cash temporarily suspended
- Flooding closes Isle of Capri Iowa property
- Isle of Capri closes Lake Charles property on Ike
- Late night raid closes down South Alabama bingo hall
- Charity bingo: Up in smoke?
- Malaysian company takeover closes in on offer level of 30 percent
Gambling history facts:
- Gambling is defined by the Webster's New World Dictionary as the following: to play games of chance for money or some other stake, or to take a risk in order to gain some advantage.
- 1973: The MGM Grand opens on the Strip, becoming the world's largest hotel.
1989: One of Vegas's most extravag-ant hotels opens. Steve Wynn's Mirage resort features a man-made volcano and over 3,000 rooms. Siegfried and Roy sign a $57 million, five-year contract to provide entertainment at the hotel.
- In 1911, the state of California ruled that "draw" poker was a skill, and thus could not be banned under existing anti-gambling laws. However, "Stud" poker was still considered illegal at the time.
- Dice games have existed in one form or another for over 2000 years and were originally played with dice fashioned from the knucklebones of sheep.