VFW bingo temporarily closes due to audit findings
Report shows mistakes in bookkeeping led to auxiliarys losing money on fund-raiser Troubled bookkeeping has temporarily shut down the weekly Lebanon Veterans of Foreign Wars auxiliarys bingo fund-raiser, according to the president of the VFW auxiliary.Save
Related Bingo News:
- Cal Neva temporarily closes casino
- High water temporarily closes Isle of Capri casinos
- Local bingo hall closes
- Boys and Girls Club closes bingo
- 2nd casino, this one in White Hall, closes its doors
- Casino Omaha closes ahead of floodwaters
- Bingo for cash temporarily suspended
- Flooding closes Isle of Capri Iowa property
- Isle of Capri closes Lake Charles property on Ike
- Late night raid closes down South Alabama bingo hall
- Bitcoin exchange “temporarily” suspends U.S. Dollar deals
- Charity bingo: Up in smoke?
Casino gambling information:
- U.S. News and World Report did a comparison of crime rates in cities with gambling versus those that do not. The crime rates were significantly higher in the places that allowed gambling.
- Pathological gambling is recognized as a medical disorder by the American Psychiatric Association and has elements of addiction similar to alcohol and drug addiction.
- 1993: Steve Wynn buys the Dune Hotel, then implodes it to make way for the Bellagio. The new MGM Grand is completed, once again becoming the world's largest hotel. On December 31, Barbra Streisand stars in the inaugural concert at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
- Video Poker machines were introduced in the 1970s, when an oil embargo had a negative impact on Vegas revenues. The machines were popular enough to spark a recovery in casino business.