Pinnacle buys St. Louis riverboat casino
ST. LOUIS (AP) Patrons of the gambling boat on the St. Louis riverfront won’t see any changes for now, but the President casino has a new owner. Las Vegas-based casino operator Pinnacle Entertainment says today it has completed its purchase of the President for about $46 million.
Related Gambling News:
- Pinnacle opens riverboat casino in St. Louis area
- Pinnacle buys land, signals third riverboat casino
- Former East St. Louis riverboat casino moving on
- Pinnacle, state reach deal to close President Casino
- Pinnacle purchases President Riverboat Casino
- Harrah’s, Pinnacle Swap Riverboat Casinos
- Pinnacle completes purchase of President casino
- Casino company purchases land in Baton Rouge
- River City Casino Brings Gaming Excitement, New Dining and Nightlife Experiences to South St. Louis County
- Pinnacle Entertainment Agrees to Settle President Casino Licensing Issue
- National Labor Relations Board’s St. Louis Office to Proceed With Charges Against St. Louis Casino Company
- President Casino upgrades require license
Interesting gambling information:
- The first World Series of Poker was held in downtown Las Vegas at the Horseshoe Casino back in 1970. Then owner of the Horseshoe Jack Binion, hosted the very first one and has agreed to host upcoming World Series of Poker Tournament Circuit. Jack Binion said that is purely honorary and plans on doing other types deals and events in the future.
- It was during the 1930's that slot machines began to become very popular across America, and in the late 40's Bugsy Siegel added machines to his Flamingo Hilton hotel in Las Vegas.
- The famous banker J.P. Morgan once walked out of a Monte Carlo casino because the stakes were too low? At the time, the maximum wager was 12,000 francs and Morgan wanted it increased to 20,000 francs. When the casino manager refused to increase the limit, Morgan left the casino saying "12,000 francs! I have no time to lose such ridiculous amounts."
- In 1973, the Commission on the Review of National Policy toward Gambling was created to study gambling in the United States.