Officials say they raided Milford VFW hall
Officials say they have seized five illegal video poker machines and tens of thousands of dollars from the Milford Veterans of Foreign Wars hall.
Related Poker News:
- Milford courted as casino location
- Casinos in the future for Milford and Marlborough?
- Bingo hall raided, lawsuits expected
- Milford could host casino
- New Ala. bingo hall raided
- Chickasaw, Alabama bingo hall raided
- State, local officials to do homework on potential Milford casino
- Gambling Charges Filed Against Milford Bartender
- PHOTOS: Chief O’Loughlin runs bingo game
- Brookline and Milford poker halls set to open
- Builder eyes Milford casino
- Milford will see plan for casino
Interesting gambling facts:
- Men and women tend to have different preferences in their gambling. Men are more likely to gamble in games such as blackjack and lotteries and women are more likely to engage in bingo and raffles.
- Gambling is defined by the Webster's New World Dictionary as the following: to play games of chance for money or some other stake, or to take a risk in order to gain some advantage.
- In 1978, New Jersey became the second state to legalize casino gambling in an attempt to revitalize the rundown resort area of Atlantic City. The legalization was restricted only to Atlantic City.
- In 1973, the Commission on the Review of National Policy toward Gambling was created to study gambling in the United States.