Sector Snap: Casino Stocks Mixed
Shares of casino operators were mostly lower on Monday after Trump Entertainment Resorts Inc. said it is exploring a possible sale and Isle of Capri Casinos Inc. said it will restate some financial results.
Related Casino News:
- Sector Snap: Casino stocks mixed after rate cut
- Sector Snap: Casinos mixed on June Macau results
- Sector Snap: Mixed casino results seen in Gulf
- Sector snap: Casino stocks drop with markets
- Sector Snap: Casinos jump as MGM announces funding
- Sector Snap: Casinos operators mixed on Macau data
- Sector Snap: Casino, equipment cos. mostly down
- Sector Snap: Casino stocks rise on upbeat note
- Sector Snap: Some casinos may beat views: analyst
- Sector Snap: Ohio vote buoys some casino stocks
- Sector Snap: Casino stocks dip as spending wanes
- Sector Snap: Casinos up as liquidity concerns ease
Gambling casinos info:
- Dice games have existed in one form or another for over 2000 years and were originally played with dice fashioned from the knucklebones of sheep.
- Catholics were found to be more likely to gamble than Protestants and other religious groups. Catholics were also found to be less likely to disapprove of gambling than other religious groups.
- 1967: Elvis Presley marries Priscilla Anne Beaulieu on May 1 in the chapel of the Aladdin Hotel.
1970: Binion's Horseshoe casino hosts the first World Series of Poker.
1971: Female card dealers begin working on the Strip for the first time.
- In Cuba, during the 1950's, the blackjack shoe was first introduced. The dealers in Cuba handled the cards really well and management thought that the dealers may be being a little too good to their friends. So, to curb their suspicions, management decided to use a "dealing box" which is currently known as a shoe.