Workers at 3rd Atlantic City casino seek UAW representation
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. — The battle over whether casino dealers should join labor unions heated up Friday as workers at a third gambling hall sought an election to certify a union there,…
Related Gambling News:
- Atlantic City casino workers union wants public say on casino’s tax break
- Atlantic City, casinos prep for wave of workers
- AC casino workers protest ‘poverty wages’
- Atlantic City casino workers union sues to let public vote on $300M tax break for Revel
- A.C. casino workers march for contract
- Hotel workers union OKs deal with 4 N.J. casinos
- A look at Atlantic City’s casino labor situation
- AC casino workers fear falling from middle class
- Atlantic City casinos, labor union are back at negotiating table
- ATLANTIC CITY: Harrah’s to lay off casino workers
- Off-season worries workers in Atlantic City casinos
- Atlantic City union rallies for new casino contract
Casino gambling information:
- The first World Series of Poker was held in downtown Las Vegas at the Horseshoe Casino back in 1970. Then owner of the Horseshoe Jack Binion, hosted the very first one and has agreed to host upcoming World Series of Poker Tournament Circuit. Jack Binion said that is purely honorary and plans on doing other types deals and events in the future.
- 1967: Elvis Presley marries Priscilla Anne Beaulieu on May 1 in the chapel of the Aladdin Hotel.
1970: Binion's Horseshoe casino hosts the first World Series of Poker.
1971: Female card dealers begin working on the Strip for the first time.
- 1994: On New Year's Day Frank Sinatra gives his last Las Vegas performance at the MGM Grand.
1998: Opening of the Bellagio. With 3,026 rooms it is the largest hotel in the world, and also the most expensive - it cost $1.7 billion to build.
- Casino is defined by the Webster's New World Dictionary as the following: a small country house, or a building or room used for meetings, or public amusements, gaming, or a game at cards.